Thursday 29 March 2018

Well it’s that time again

Well it’s that time again. Time for another recipe out of my brain. So first things first in order to make them you need to start out with ground turkey. I use 93 percent lean meat but you may use whatever variation you want to use. I know that people say that more fat meat sticks together but when you are making any sort of meatball you always will have the egg and breadcrumbs as your binding agent so it won’t matter if you want to use the lean meat. I don’t like fatty meat so that’s just my preference. I always trim the fat off of steaks or anything like that.

Then you want to make sure that you have the breadcrumbs, eggs, and whatever spices you want to add to the meat in your kitchen. This is what I started out with before they became turkey meatballs. Sorry I figured you all wouldn’t need a picture of raw ground turkey to get the idea that you need it in your kitchen for this meal. Haha!

I like things to taste very Italian which is why if you read what spices I used there is a very Italian flavoring to them. So basically the next step is the fun part of the meal. Make sure if you don’t like raw meat like myself that you have your gloves ready because you’re mixing it all up by hand so get ready to get squishy! Find your mixing bowl throw the meat, egg, breadcrumbs (mine are gf of course) and spices all in there and then toss it up! It will look like this when you’re done mixing them together.

IMG_1164

Once you’ve got them mixed you may bake them in the oven if you’d like or do what I do. So I took canola oil and a skillet and partially cooked them in a skillet first. Then pre-heated the oven to 425 and cooked them the rest of the way through in the oven. Once they’re cooked they will look like this.

IMG_1168

After that it’s eat them however you want to eat them. You can eat them in pasta as a substitute for ground beef which is more fattening than turkey. You can dip them in soy sauce if you want that kind of flavoring. It’s really all up to you how you choose to enjoy them but I sure hope that you enjoy them!

Turkey Meatballs…

Well it’s that time again. Time for another recipe out of my brain. So first things first in order to make them you need to start out with ground turkey.



from WordPress https://ift.tt/2GoHsUl
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment